67 posts and 50 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.
2chan japan rail thread, just for fun:
bring something back, bonus points for translating.
– Haven’t seen one yet.
← To the lower left, we see a steamer lumbering off on the zairaisen (the old conventional line(s)), while to the upper right a trainset is holding at a station on the shinkansen (New Trunk Line(s)).
A bit like this, then?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WznzgvP9cts
(A little Chinese narrow gauge stemer working on clay hoppers, while a modern bullet train passes above.)
– Something like. Come to think of it… I think a link to this video was once posted on the old 1chan.
I give up, what is it?
– They are, as far as I can tell, the remains of a set of points. My guess is that in the past the platform back loop diverged (or was intended to diverge) further out on the bridge than it does now.
It could be the remains of a derail rather than a full switch.
– Whether the loop was once longer or there was a trap there, the bridge would have had to have be wider to accommodate it.
So I’m wondering, was it ever wider than it is now? I have no idea which line this is, so finding out will not be easy at all – assuming it is even documented on the Web.
– OK, I finally thought of sending the thread through Giggle Translate and hope to get something understandable back.
Now, if I did understand correctly what I got back, this is in fact the new Yamashita station on the Joban line, and the oddity on >>2720
is there for future expansion. Should have figured it out; the timbers looked far too new…
I already have a X CP M19 Its got winter wheels on the back. Need to trade them for some regular wheels as I don't plan to run it in winter.
me but rather have the VW one or make one out of a junked Delorean
– AFAIC, a Jaguar XJ-S loose-top would be cool, too.
Is that for steam heating?
I believe this is the steam engine behind the electric locomotive, look at the position of the steam cloud.
– If I retranslated Giggle Translate’s utterings correctly, the EF58s did have oil-fired steam generators for heating. ETH was a late addition, and only some units got ETH equipment. #61 is not one of these, according to jp.wikipedia.
ION, #61 is mostly retired now. Cracks were found in the frame, and repairs were considered uneconomical. One can probably still spot it running light, but its hauling days are over.
Just a reminder to everyone, please keep all of your images SFW. Just because it's not sexual doesn't mean it's SFW.
Ear plugs… check.
Ear protectors… check.
Music video… check. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4tEC2uMFB4
Submit button… click.
Less than 4 feet! I wonder what the purpose of the bridge is? Animal Crossing?
I was all ready to say "it's clearly a pedestrian path" and then I realized that four feet is stupid low.
Maybe it is, though. Maybe Willy Wonka moved his factory to Japan and this is in the Oompa Loompa's housing district.
Four foot is about average height for Japan, isn't it?
I was going to make a joke about what happens if a vehicle hits it, but the gauge is probably wrong.
Still high enough for the average Jap to go under without crouching.
Anyone sad every time you read one of these?http://dat.2chan.net/r/res/719907.htm
JR West Sanko Line (goes from Sea of Japan side in Totori to the middle of Hiroshima) closing down as of the next timetable revision March 2018http://www.sankei.com/west/news/170825/wst1708250006-n1.html
I love that remark on how Uzui has 0 passengers per day figure so to hell with barrier free! It doesn't get passengers but bloody hell it's a long line that's closing.
Also, ??? Toblerone Kintetsu train makes it to print, among others.
I'm 25 and I would still play with that.
Spotted this ‘anteater’ while looking around.
Oh, and below, for a short while, is a wax-nostalgic thread about the JNR 103 EMU, which was mustered off the Osaka Loop Line on October the third:http://dat.2chan.net/r/res/722658.htmhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103_series
– For the record, the type is now in its sixth decade of operation. Wonder how many will be running in 2064…